Hometrust Bancshares (HTBI)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $27.82
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Hometrust Bancshares (NASDAQ:HTBI) opened in the upper part of daily range at 78.7% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 100%. This suggests the sellers have lost control. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 15.4%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Hometrust Bancshares (HTBI)
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
Company: Hometrust Bancshares
Ticker Codes: | HTBI | NASDAQ:HTBI |
HomeTrust Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for HomeTrust Bank that provides a range of retail and commercial banking products. Its deposit products consist of savings, money market, and demand accounts, as well as certificates of deposit for individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. The company's loan portfolio comprises retail consumer loans, such as one-to-four-family residential property lending, home equity lines of credit, construction and land/lots, indirect auto finance, and consumer lending; and commercial loans, including commercial real estate lending, construction and development lending, and commercial and industrial loans. It also provides ground and equipment lease financing to fire departments. As of June 30, 2017, the company operated 42 offices in North Carolina, Upstate South Carolina, East Tennessee, and Southwest Virginia. HomeTrust Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 1926 and is headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina.
Open vs CloseDownload
|LMAT Lemaitre Vascular||30.77||21.9||828,652||1||BULLISH|
|LNTH Lantheus Holdings||22.03||15||1,219,888||1||BULLISH|
|CLNE Clean Energy Fuels||2.24||12||1,407,892||1||BULLISH|
|YRCW Yrc Worldwide||8.2||7.5||1,715,718||1||BULLISH|
|GNMK Genmark Diagnostics||6.71||7.2||782,964||1||BULLISH|
|EVBG Everbridge Inc||68.11||6.3||1,328,911||0||BULLISH|
|SND Smart Sand Inc||3.22||5.9||345,780||1||BULLISH|