[BEARISH]: Western Areas opened in the middle part of daily range at 40% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 20%. This suggests the sellers have taken control. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 6.7%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Western Areas (WSA.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Western Areas
Ticker Codes: | WSA.AX | ASX:WSA |
Western Areas Limited engages in the mining, processing, and sale of nickel sulphide concentrates. The company develops high grade nickel mines; and explores for nickel sulphides and other base metals in Australia, Canada, and Finland. Its flagship property is the Forrestania project located in Australia. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|TNG Tennant Creek Gold||0.14||2.3||1,191,071||1||BEARISH|
|NCK Nick Scali||6.3||1.9||331,028||-1||BEARISH|
|PEA Pacific Energy||0.56||1.8||161,293||1||BEARISH|
|GMA Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia||2.57||1.6||10,898,169||-1||BEARISH|
|GBT Gbst Holdings||1.98||1.5||73,270||-1||BEARISH|
|PAI Platinum Asia Investments||1.18||1.3||190,805||1||BEARISH|
|AEF Australian Ethical Investments||152.8||1.2||36||-1||BEARISH|
|JHC Japara Healthcare||1.38||1.1||897,456||1||BEARISH|