Whitehaven Coal (WHC.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $4.63
Signal Strength: MEDIUM
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Whitehaven Coal (ASX:WHC) opened in the lower part of daily range at 0% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 94.1%. This suggests the buyers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 11.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Whitehaven Coal (WHC.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Whitehaven Coal
Ticker Codes: | WHC.AX | ASX:WHC |
Whitehaven Coal Limited develops and operates coal mines in New South Wales. The company operates through Open Cut Operations and Underground Operations segments. It operates five mines in North West New South Wales; four open cut mines at Maules Creek, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga, and Rocglen; and one underground mine at Narrabri. The company offers thermal coal and metallurgical coal used in the production of steel. As of August 17, 2017, it had approximately 974 million tons of recoverable coal reserves; and 862 million tons of marketable coal reserves. The company sells its coal primarily in Japan, Taiwan, India, Korea, China, Chile, Malaysia, Vietnam, Noumea, Indonesia, Australia, and Mexico. Whitehaven Coal Limited was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|DNA Donaco International||0.07||89.2||89,678,822||0||BULLISH|
|CUV Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals||17.98||9.6||39,812||1||BULLISH|
|RAP Resapp Health||0.12||9.5||648,223||1||BULLISH|
|ADA Adacel Technologies||0.68||8.8||160,420||1||BULLISH|
|NEC Nine Entertainment||1.63||8.3||13,131,540||1||BULLISH|
|SYR Syrah Resources||1.81||8.1||2,657,646||1||BULLISH|
|AHY Asaleo Care||0.96||7.9||1,041,352||1||BULLISH|
|IRI Integrated Research||1.72||7.5||989,647||1||BULLISH|
|IFL Ioof Holdings||4.83||7.3||4,622,897||0||BULLISH|