[NEUTRAL]: Westpac Banking Corporation opened in the middle part of daily range at 60.4% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 34%. This suggests that neither side is committed. Over the last 12 months there has been 5 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.9%. Over the last month there has been 5 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 33.3%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Westpac Banking Corporation
Ticker Codes: | WBC.AX | ASX:WBC |
Westpac Banking Corporation provides various banking and financial services in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the Pacific region, and internationally. It operates through five divisions: Consumer Bank, Business Bank, BT Financial Group, Westpac Institutional Bank, and Westpac New Zealand. It offers everyday banking, savings, term deposit, moving to Australia, under 21 and student, business, community solutions one, not-for-profit savings, and foreign currency accounts; term, tailor-made, and farm management deposits; debit, credit, and travel money cards; home, personal, investment, small business, and commercial loans; and equipment, automotive, cash flow, property, and insurance premium financing services. It also provides home and content, landlord, car, travel, boat, caravan and trailer, life, credit card and loan repayment, income protection, business, farm pack, person income, and business overheads insurance products; superannuation and retirement products; investment portfolios; installment warrants; and trading, financial advisory, wealth, foreign currency exchange, international payment, cash flow management, international trade, and import and export services. In addition, it offers industry specific banking and treasury services; other services, such as emergency cash, online and telephone banking, ATMs, unclaimed money, travel center, margin lending, and banking services to migrants moving to Australia; and mobile wallets. Further, it provides capital advisory and fund management, transactional and private banking, and financial market services; and corporate and structured finance, as well as trade and supply chain finance. It serves individuals; micro, small, and medium enterprises; and commercial, corporate, institutional, and government customers. The company was formerly known as Bank of New South Wales and changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation in October 1982. The company was founded in 1817 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|WGX Westgold Resources||1.21||3||5,066,073||0||NEUTRAL|
|KSL Kina Securities||1.04||2.5||275,210||0||NEUTRAL|
|SDA Speedcast International||4.04||2.3||2,614,703||0||NEUTRAL|
|GTN GTN Resources||1.95||2.1||89,087,065||0||NEUTRAL|
|NHC New Hope||3.7||1.4||1,773,705||0||NEUTRAL|