[BULLISH STRONG]: Virgin Australia Holdings opened in the lower part of daily range at 0% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 100%. This suggests the buyers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.1%. Over the last month there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 20%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Virgin Australia Holdings (VAH.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Virgin Australia Holdings
Ticker Codes: | VAH.AX | ASX:VAH |
Virgin Australia Holdings Limited engages in the operation of domestic and international airline business in Australia. The company operates through Virgin Australia Domestic, Virgin Australia International, Velocity, and Tigerair Australia segments. Its aircraft flies to domestic destinations, including regional network and cargo operations; and international destinations comprising Trans-Pacific, Abu Dhabi, Trans-Tasman, Pacific Island, and South East Asian routes, as well as international cargo operations. The company's fleet primarily includes Boeing B737 and B777, Airbus A320 and A330, ATR, and F100 aircraft. It also operates a frequent flyer program. The company serves corporate, government, leisure, low cost, regional, charter travelers, and air freight customers. It has strategic alliances with Air New Zealand Limited, Delta Air Lines Inc., Etihad Airways P.J.S.C., Singapore Airlines Limited, and HNA Aviation. The company was formerly known as Virgin Blue Holdings Limited and changed its name to Virgin Australia Holdings Limited in 2011. Virgin Australia Holdings Limited was founded in 2000 and is based in Bowen Hills, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|EMH European Metals Holdings||0.4||12.9||50,755||1||BULLISH|
|SLR Silver Lake Resources||0.57||9.6||4,014,673||1||BULLISH|
|KDR Kidman Resources||1.17||8.3||6,199,530||1||BULLISH|
|RMS Ramelius Resources||0.5||7.5||3,500,339||1||BULLISH|
|PME Pro Medicus||11.68||6.7||140,709||1||BULLISH|