Washington H Soul Pattison & Co (SOL.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $30
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Washington H Soul Pattison & Co (ASX:SOL) opened in the upper part of daily range at 100% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 58.5%. This suggests the sellers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 18.2%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Washington H Soul Pattison & Co (SOL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Washington H Soul Pattison & Co
Ticker Codes: | SOL.AX | ASX:SOL |
Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership of shares, coal mining, gold and copper mining and refining, property investment, and consulting businesses. The company operates through Investing Activities, Energy, Copper and Gold Operations, Corporate Advisory, and Property segments. The Investing Activities segment invests in cash, term deposits, and diversified equity investments portfolio. The Energy segment engages in the coal, oil, and gas activities, which include exploration, development, production, processing, associated transport infrastructure, and ancillary activities. The Copper and Gold Operations segment is involved in the copper and gold mining activities that include exploration, mining, and processing of ore into copper concentrate, copper sulphide, and gold. The Property segment engages in the identification, investment, management, and rental of real estate properties. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|AXP Airxpanders Inc||0.04||20||3,531,549||0||BULLISH|
|FIG Freedom Insurance||0.06||9.3||846,374||1||BULLISH|
|MOY Millennium Minerals||0.2||8.1||273,345||1||BULLISH|
|RAP Resapp Health||0.12||4.5||1,368,870||0||BULLISH|
|BPT Beach Petroleum||1.68||3.7||12,362,650||1||BULLISH|