Sonic Healthcare (SHL.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $21.74
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Sonic Healthcare (ASX:SHL) opened in the middle part of daily range at 43.2% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 75.7%. This suggests the buyers have taken control. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 10%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Sonic Healthcare (SHL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Sonic Healthcare
Ticker Codes: | SHL.AX | ASX:SHL |
Sonic Healthcare Limited, a healthcare company, provides medical diagnostic services, and administrative services and facilities to medical practitioners. It operates through Laboratory, Imaging, and Other segments. The company offers laboratory medicine/pathology, diagnostic imaging, and radiology services to physicians, hospitals, community health services, and their collective patients. It also operates primary care medical centers and independent practitioner network. In addition, the company provides occupational health services, remote health services, community and home nursing services, primary care research programs, health assessment technologies, hospital avoidance programs, and clinical trials and chronic disease management programs, as well as GP services. It has operations in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, and Ireland. The company was formerly known as Sonic Technology Australia Limited and changed its name to Sonic Healthcare Limited in November 1995. The company is headquartered in Macquarie Park, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|AJX Alexium International||0.13||13.6||1,148,359||0||NEUTRAL|
|MCY Mighty River Power||3.5||11.1||2,786||0||NEUTRAL|
|FIG Freedom Insurance||0.02||4.8||99,857||0||NEUTRAL|
|IDX Integral Diagnostics||2.66||4.3||40,672||0||NEUTRAL|
|LYC Lynas Corporation||1.7||4||3,564,177||0||NEUTRAL|
|OGC Oceanagold Corporation||4.98||3.3||1,034,610||0||NEUTRAL|