Saracen Mineral (SAR.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: NO POSITION @ $2.88
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Saracen Mineral (ASX:SAR) opened in the middle part of daily range at 53.3% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 40%. This suggests that neither side is committed. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 6.7%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Saracen Mineral (SAR.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Saracen Mineral
Ticker Codes: | SAR.AX | ASX:SAR |
Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited engages in the gold mining business in Australia. It also explores for nickel deposits. The company holds 100% interest in the Carosue Dam operations located in north-east of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. It also holds interests in Thunderbox operations located in the Yandal belt and the Agnew-Wiluna belt in the North Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|BRN Brainchip Holdings||0.06||3.3||1,689,475||0||NEUTRAL|
|ELX Ellex Medical Lasers||0.62||3.3||105,837||0||NEUTRAL|
|ILU Iluka Resources||9.13||2.2||4,148,155||0||NEUTRAL|
|EVT Event Hospitality And Entertainment||13.44||2.2||25,755||0||NEUTRAL|
|RBL Rib Loc||1.1||1.9||185,918||0||NEUTRAL|
|GNG GR Engineering Services||1.05||1.9||6,988||0||NEUTRAL|
|RSG Resolute Mining||1.22||1.7||12,654,426||0||NEUTRAL|
|NST Northern Star Resources||9||1.5||3,471,959||0||NEUTRAL|