REA Group (REA.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $71.79
Signal Strength: MEDIUM
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
REA Group (ASX:REA) opened in the upper part of daily range at 100% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 11.5%. This suggests the sellers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.1%. Over the last month there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the lower upper range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 20%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: REA Group (REA.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: REA Group
Ticker Codes: | REA.AX | ASX:REA |
REA Group Limited provides advertising services to the real estate industry in Australia and Asia. It advertises property and property-related services on Websites and mobile apps. The company operates Australian residential, commercial, and share property sites, such as realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au, and Flatmates.com.au; Chinese property site myfun.com; and various property portals in Asia. It also provides advertising services to the real estate industry. The company was formerly known as realestate.com.au Ltd. and changed its name to REA Group Limited in December 2008. REA Group Limited was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Richmond, Australia. REA Group Limited is a subsidiary of News Limited.
Open vs CloseDownload
|DNA Donaco International||0.17||3||152,105||-1||BEARISH|
|RFG Retail Food||0.43||2.4||178,507||0||BEARISH|
|LAU Lindsay Australia||0.38||1.4||58,442||-1||BEARISH|
|FRI Finbar International||0.84||1.2||53,776||0||BEARISH|
|EVO Evolve Education||0.47||1.1||55,262||-1||BEARISH|
|DDR Dicker Data||2.95||1||56,851||-1||BEARISH|
|PGC Paragon Care||0.71||0.7||259,183||0||BEARISH|
|PLS Pilbara Minerals||0.79||0.6||3,417,030||0||BEARISH|
|PIC Perpetual Equity Investment||1.09||0.5||574,574||0||BEARISH|