OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $0.73
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Praemium (ASX:PPS) opened in the upper part of daily range at 100% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 71.4%. This suggests the sellers have lost control. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.7%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Praemium (PPS.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | PPS.AX | ASX:PPS |
Praemium Limited provides portfolio administration, investment platforms, and financial planning tools to the wealth management industry worldwide. It offers Praemium Portfolio, a portfolio reconstruction engine with a database of historic corporate actions across various equities. The company also provides WealthCraft that includes client relationship management, financial planning, administration, commission's management, investment research, and portfolio management; and Plum Software, which offers front-end client management and back-office systems to financial planners. In addition, it offers Separately Managed Accounts, an investment platform solution that provides technology to the traditional ?wrap? service provided by various platforms, as well as clients with professionally managed portfolios that are aligned to an investment strategy or model portfolio. The company offers data feeds, which automatically record clients' transactions, such as import transactions from contract notes and options, as well as file delivery. It serves financial advisers, brokers, accountants, investment managers, banks, and other financial providers, such as superannuation administrators. Praemium Limited was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|MTO Moto Goldmines||1.85||8.8||155,254||0||BEARISH|
|IRI Integrated Research||2.49||8.3||567,896||-1||BEARISH|
|FIG Freedom Insurance||0.02||4.8||45,729||0||BEARISH|
|EMH European Metals Holdings||0.42||3.8||23,137||0||BEARISH|