New Hope (NHC.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $3.25
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
New Hope (ASX:NHC) opened in the lower part of daily range at 25% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 18.8%. This suggests the buyers have lost control. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 12.5%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: New Hope (NHC.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: New Hope
Ticker Codes: | NHC.AX | ASX:NHC |
New Hope Corporation Limited explores, develops, produces, and processes coal, and oil and gas in Japan, Taiwan, China, Chile, Korea, and Australia. It operates through three segments: Coal Mining in Queensland, Coal mining in New South Wales, and Oil and Gas. The company has interests in two open cut coal mines in South East Queensland that produce thermal coal, including the New Acland project, which is located in north-west of Oakey, Queensland; and the Jeebropilly coal mine located in the West Moreton region near Ipswich. It also holds interests in oil projects and exploration permits based in the Eromanga Basin of south west Queensland; and onshore exploration permits in the Otway Basin of south western Victoria. In addition, the company is involved in the marketing and logistics activities; and port operation and agriculture activities. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Brookwater, Australia. New Hope Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited.
Open vs CloseDownload
|CCV Cash Converters International||0.17||3||530,389||0||BEARISH|
|FMG Fortescue Metals||6.59||1.2||11,147,913||-1||BEARISH|
|KDR Kidman Resources||1.25||1.2||420,400||0||BEARISH|
|RBL Rib Loc||1.11||0.9||397,421||0||BEARISH|