OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $19.28
Signal Strength: MEDIUM
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Monadelphous (ASX:MND) opened in the upper part of daily range at 100% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 31%. This suggests the sellers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower upper range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Monadelphous (MND.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | MND.AX | ASX:MND |
Monadelphous Group Limited, an engineering group, provides construction, maintenance, and industrial services to the resources, energy, and infrastructure sectors in Australia. It operates through Engineering Construction; and Maintenance and Industrial Services divisions. The company offers large-scale multidisciplinary project management and construction services, including construction management and execution; civil and electrical construction packages; turnkey design and construction; structural steel, tankage, mechanical works, and process equipment and piping fabrication and installation; fabrication and procurement; modularization and off-site pre-assembly; plant commissioning; demolition and remediation works; and offshore construction of plant and infrastructure. It also provides multidisciplinary maintenance and improvement solutions, such as structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation, and civil maintenance services, as well as minor capital works, shutdowns, and operations and facilities management services. In addition, the company offers process and non-process maintenance; front-end scoping; water and waste water asset construction and maintenance; irrigation; transmission pipelines and facilities construction; power and water assets operation and maintenance; heavy lift and specialist transport; corrosion management; access solutions; and dewatering services. Monadelphous Group Limited was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Victoria Park, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|WHC Whitehaven Coal||4.46||6.4||15,597,625||0||NEUTRAL|
|SNZ Summerset Holdings||5.61||5.3||2,413||0||NEUTRAL|
|ZIM Zimbabwe Platinum Mines||8.3||3.8||784||0||NEUTRAL|
|SWM Seven West Media||0.55||2.8||3,681,747||0||NEUTRAL|
|AAC Australian Agricultural||1.1||2.3||197,699||0||NEUTRAL|
|PNR Pacific Niugini Minerals||0.24||2.1||1,334,934||0||NEUTRAL|