[BEARISH STRONG]: Mount Gibson Iron opened in the upper part of daily range at 75% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 0%. This suggests the sellers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.1%. Over the last month there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the lower upper range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 20%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Mount Gibson Iron (MGX.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Mount Gibson Iron
Ticker Codes: | MGX.AX | ASX:MGX |
Mount Gibson Iron Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, exploration, crushing, development, transportation, and sale of hematite iron ore deposits in Australia. The company primarily operates the Koolan Island hematite mine situated in the Kimberley coast of Western Australia; and the Extension Hill hematite project located in the Mount Gibson range in the mid-west region of Western Australia. Mount Gibson Iron Limited was founded in 1996 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|SLR Silver Lake Resources||0.57||9.6||4,014,673||1||BULLISH|
|PME Pro Medicus||11.68||6.7||140,709||1||BULLISH|
|CAB Cabcharge Australia||2.4||5.7||194,554||1||BULLISH|
|GOR Gold Road Resources||0.66||5.6||1,416,917||1||BULLISH|