The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Macquarie Telecom (MAQ.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASXAbout Macquarie Telecom (ASX:MAQ):
Company: Macquarie Telecom
Ticker Codes: | MAQ.AX | ASX:MAQ |
Macquarie Telecom Group Limited provides telecommunication and hosting services to corporate and government customers in Australia. It offers voice services, such as fixed-line voice, unified communications, and video and Web conferencing services; managed mobility services and mobile management tools; and cloud services, including hybrid, VMWare, and private cloud services, as well as dedicated servers, colocation, managed hosting, management tools, and data center extension services. The company also provides data services, including Internet, fixed wireline Ethernet, private IP-VPN, Cisco Meraki, business NBN, international data links, SIP trunking, SaaS enabled WAN, secure remote access, and business Ethernet access. Macquarie Telecom Group Limited was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.