OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $7.75
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Link (ASX:LNK) opened in the middle part of daily range at 36.7% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 16.7%. This suggests the sellers have taken control. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 15.4%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Link (LNK.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | LNK.AX | ASX:LNK |
Link Administration Holdings Limited provides technology-enabled outsourced administration services to companies, asset owners, and trustees in Australia and internationally. The company operates through three segments: Fund Administration; Corporate Markets; and Information, Digital and Data Services. The Fund Administration segment provides administration services to superannuation funds; and an integrated platform solution to its clients covering various front, middle, and back office administration functions. The Corporate Markets segment offers a comprehensive and integrated corporate market offering that connects issuers with their stakeholders. Its services include shareholder management and analytics, stakeholder engagement, share registry, employee share plans, and company secretarial. The Information, Digital and Data Services segment provides core services of development and maintenance of proprietary IT systems and platforms, and value-added services of data analytics, digital solutions, and digital communications, as well as supports fund administration, corporate markets, and external clients. It also provides value-added services, including data management analytics, digital communication, and stakeholder education and advice. The company was formerly known as Link Administration Holdings Pty Limited and changed its name to Link Administration Holdings Limited on August 17, 2016. Link Administration Holdings Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|SMX Sms Management & Technology||0.24||17.1||189,500||-1||BEARISH|
|BRN Brainchip Holdings||0.14||8||628,933||-1||BEARISH|
|PME Pro Medicus||10.28||7||190,192||0||BEARISH|
|MLX Metals X||0.47||6.9||1,037,213||0||BEARISH|
|BVS Bravura Solutions||4.4||6.8||1,789,711||-1||BEARISH|
|MOC Mortgage Choice||1.29||6.6||79,382||0||BEARISH|
|GRR Grange Resources||0.21||5||1,062,490||-1||BEARISH|