Karoon Gas Australia (KAR.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $1.105
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Karoon Gas Australia (ASX:KAR) opened in the lower part of daily range at 0% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 33.3%. This suggests the buyers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Karoon Gas Australia (KAR.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Karoon Gas Australia
Ticker Codes: | KAR.AX | ASX:KAR |
Karoon Gas Australia Ltd operates as an oil and gas exploration company in Australia, Brazil, and Peru. It has a working interest in two off-shore permits in the Browse and Carnarvon basins located to the north Western Australian coastline covering a combined area of 15,492 square kilometers. The company also holds working interest in five offshore blocks in the Santos Basin located in the State of Santa Catarina covering an area of 549 square kilometers. In addition, the company has a working interest in an off-shore block in the Tumbes Basin located approximately to the north-west coast of Peru covering an area of 4,750 square kilometers. The company was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Mount Martha, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|EMH European Metals Holdings||0.38||18.8||120,674||1||BULLISH|
|CCP Credit Corp||19.99||6||515,529||1||BULLISH|
|CCV Cash Converters International||0.28||5.8||647,158||1||BULLISH|
|VOC Vocus Communications||3.4||5.6||6,543,793||1||BULLISH|
|MLX Metals X||0.49||5.4||1,505,780||1||BULLISH|
|GNG GR Engineering Services||1.31||4.8||25,920||0||BULLISH|
|CDV Cardinal Resources||0.46||4.5||417,540||1||BULLISH|
|COE Cooper Energy||0.49||4.3||2,132,013||0||BULLISH|
|TZN Terramin Australia||0.12||4.3||139,651||1||BULLISH|
|SWM Seven West Media||0.89||4.1||3,491,485||1||BULLISH|