Incitec Pivot (IPL.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $3.28
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Incitec Pivot (ASX:IPL) opened in the lower part of daily range at 25% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 50%. This suggests the buyers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Incitec Pivot (IPL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Incitec Pivot
Ticker Codes: | IPL.AX | ASX:IPL |
Incitec Pivot Limited, an industrial chemicals company, manufactures, trades in, and distributes industrial explosives, chemicals, and fertilizers to the mining and agriculture industries in Australia, the United States, Canada, Turkey, and internationally. It operates through Incitec Pivot Fertilisers, Southern Cross International, and Dyno Nobel Americas segments. The company offers ammonia, carbon dioxide, diesel exhaust fluid, fluorosilicic acid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, industrial urea, di/mono-ammonium phosphate, granulated ammonium sulphate, single super phosphate, urea, urea ammonium nitrate, and ammonium phosphate products; and various industrial chemical products for use in water treatment, process manufacturing, and other industrial applications. It also provides industrial explosives and blasting services, as well as related products and services to the mining, quarrying, seismic, and construction industries, as well as supplies fertilizers to grain, cotton, pasture, dairy, sugar, and horticulture industries. Incitec Pivot Limited was founded in 1831 and is headquartered in Southbank, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|CTD Corporate Travel Management||28.81||14.7||1,727,133||-1||BEARISH|
|AXP Airxpanders Inc||0.04||12.1||4,203,665||-1||BEARISH|
|SXY Senex Energy||0.38||7.1||10,983,458||0||BEARISH|
|BFC Beston Global Food||0.16||6.9||222,535||-1||BEARISH|
|AYS Amaysim Australia||0.95||5.6||94,182||-1||BEARISH|
|BSA Broadcast Services Australia||0.29||5.6||67,709||0||BEARISH|