[BEARISH WEAK]: Incitec Pivot opened in the upper part of daily range at 70% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 60%. This suggests the sellers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 14.3%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Incitec Pivot (IPL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Incitec Pivot
Ticker Codes: | IPL.AX | ASX:IPL |
Incitec Pivot Limited, an industrial chemicals company, manufactures, trades in, and distributes industrial explosives, chemicals, and fertilizers to the mining and agriculture industries in Australia, the United States, Canada, Turkey, and internationally. It operates through Incitec Pivot Fertilisers, Southern Cross International, and Dyno Nobel Americas segments. The company offers ammonia, carbon dioxide, diesel exhaust fluid, fluorosilicic acid, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, industrial urea, di/mono-ammonium phosphate, granulated ammonium sulphate, single super phosphate, urea, urea ammonium nitrate, and ammonium phosphate products; and various industrial chemical products for use in water treatment, process manufacturing, and other industrial applications. It also provides industrial explosives and blasting services, as well as related products and services to the mining, quarrying, seismic, and construction industries, as well as supplies fertilizers to grain, cotton, pasture, dairy, sugar, and horticulture industries. Incitec Pivot Limited was founded in 1831 and is headquartered in Southbank, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|EVN Evolution Mining||2.85||6.7||16,065,333||0||NEUTRAL|
|LYC Lynas Corporation||2.05||5.9||7,004,603||0||NEUTRAL|
|NST Northern Star Resources||8.98||5.8||5,695,366||0||NEUTRAL|
|OGC Oceanagold Corporation||4.2||5.3||361,211||0||NEUTRAL|
|PRT Prime Television||0.24||4.3||71,152||0||NEUTRAL|
|GXY Galaxy Resources||2.54||4.1||5,238,357||0||NEUTRAL|
|CDV Cardinal Resources||0.49||3.2||69,590||0||NEUTRAL|
|CII Ci Resources||1.6||3.2||11,000||0||NEUTRAL|