Trading: HOLD @ $6.71
Signal Strength: STRONG
Indicator can be used in isolation or in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. This indicator has been constructed to highlight the existence of a trend for an assocaited timeframe. Trend determining indicators can be used in short, medium or long term timeframes & determines if the stock is trending or ranging. Once the trend status is quantified, this can then be coupled to additional indicators to add a significant advantage to the trading strategy.
The Supertrend is a trend following indicator which identifies uptrends and downtrends. The SuperTrend indicator is calculated utilising the ATR to offset the indicator from the common price. Before understanding the supertrend indicator, understanding the ATR is essential as super trend employs ATR values to calculate the indicator values. This indicator fluctuates above and below 0 signalling the current direction of the trend. This is a lagging trend indicator that assists in defining trend directions does not perform well in ranging markets.
Calculation: Supertrend (SUP) :
1) Basic Upper band = (High + Low) / 2 + Multiplier * ATR;
2) Basic Lower band = (High + Low) / 2 - Multiplier * ATR
3) Final Upper band = IF((Basic Upper band < Final Upper band(yest)) OR (Close(yest) > Previous Final Upper band(yest))) THEN (Basic Upper band) ELSE Final Upper band(yest));
4) Final Lower band = IF((Basic Lower band > Final Lowerband (yest)) OR (Close(yest) < Final Lower band(yest))) THEN (Basic Lower band) ELSE Final Lower band(yest));
5) Supertrend = IF(Close <= Final Upper band ) THEN Final Upper band ELSE Final Lower band;
Where Multiplier = 3; Period=14
PROFILE: Ipoh (IPH.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | IPH.AX | ASX:IPH |
IPH Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides intellectual property (IP) services and products. It offers IP services related to the provision of filing, prosecution, enforcement, and management of patents, designs, trademarks, and other IP; and engages in the development and provision of IP data and analytics software under the subscription license model. The company is also involved in data analysis and software business, as well as provides software development and patent attorney services. It serves Fortune Global 500 companies, multinationals, public sector research organizations, SMEs, and professional services firms in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Germany, and internationally. IPH Limited was founded in 1887 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
No data available.