OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $0.46
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Impedimed (ASX:IPD) opened in the upper part of daily range at 100% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 66.7%. This suggests the sellers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 4 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.5%. Over the last month there has been 4 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 28.6%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Impedimed (IPD.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | IPD.AX | ASX:IPD |
ImpediMed Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of bioimpedance devices and consumables in Australia, North America, Europe, and internationally. The company operates through Medical and Test & Measurement segments. It offers L-Dex U400, a technology that utilizes the characteristics of frequency dependent current flow to quantify changes in extracellular fluid in the patient's limb; and SFB7, a tetra polar bioimpedance spectroscopy device that scans various frequencies for the estimation of body composition in healthy individuals. The company also provides DF50, a single frequency body composition analysis in healthy individuals; and ImpediVET, a bioimpedance spectroscopy technology for use in veterinary applications. Its products are used in a range of applications, such as in the assessment and monitoring of secondary lymphedema, as well as monitoring of body composition and hydration. In addition, the company is involved in the supply of power precision testing and measuring equipment. ImpediMed Limited was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Pinkenba, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|EMH European Metals Holdings||0.38||18.8||120,674||0||BEARISH|
|EDE Eden Energy||0.11||18.3||18,226,541||0||BEARISH|
|UOS United Overseas Australia||0.7||6.1||1,000||-1||BEARISH|
|CCP Credit Corp||19.99||6||515,529||0||BEARISH|
|BAF Blue Sky Alternatives||0.9||5.9||979,344||-1||BEARISH|
|CCV Cash Converters International||0.28||5.8||647,158||-1||BEARISH|
|SMN Structural Monitoring Systems||1.1||5.8||33,656||-1||BEARISH|
|MLX Metals X||0.49||5.4||1,505,780||0||BEARISH|
|HFR Highfield Resources||0.57||4.6||39,786||-1||BEARISH|