Gud Holdings (GUD.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $12
Signal Strength: MEDIUM
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Gud Holdings (ASX:GUD) opened in the lower part of daily range at 0% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 87.1%. This suggests the buyers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.8%. Over the last month there has been 2 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 25%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Gud Holdings (GUD.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Gud Holdings
Ticker Codes: | GUD.AX | ASX:GUD |
GUD Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and importation, distribution, and sale of consumer and industrial products in Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, China, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. It operates through Oates, Automotive, and Davey segments. The company imports and distributes cleaning products comprising brush ware, mops, buckets, sponges, wipes, and scourers to retail and commercial customers. It also offers automotive and heavy duty filters for cars, trucks, and agricultural and mining equipment; fuel pumps and associated products for the automotive after-market; and oil, engine air, and cabin air products. In addition, it offers pumping, water conservation, and water treatment products for urban, rural, irrigation, and commercial applications; domestic and commercial swimming pool products, including salt water chlorinators, pumps, filters, heaters, and pool accessories; and spa bath and spa pool pumps, controllers, heaters, filters, and water treatment products. Further, the company offers warehouse racking, industrial storage, and office storage products. It serves department stores, mass merchants, hardware outlets, specialist electrical retailers, automotive aftermarket wholesalers and resellers, water systems dealers, swimming pool builders, retail pool shops, lock smiths, original equipment manufacturers, and commercial and industrial corporates. GUD Holdings Limited is based in Altona North, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|SDA Speedcast International||3.6||7.8||1,493,714||1||BULLISH|
|CLQ Clean Teq Holdings||0.41||6.6||745,433||1||BULLISH|
|SHV Select Harvests||6.25||6.3||276,133||1||BULLISH|
|SXY Senex Energy||0.35||6.1||3,292,751||1||BULLISH|
|PNI Pinnacle Investment Management||5.16||6||398,791||1||BULLISH|
|ERA Energy Resources Of Australia||0.27||5.9||185,602||1||BULLISH|