[BULLISH WEAK]: General Property Trust opened in the lower part of daily range at 12.5% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 62.5%. This suggests the buyers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 30 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 11.4%. Over the last month there has been 3 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 27.3%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: General Property Trust (GPT.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: General Property Trust
Ticker Codes: | GPT.AX | ASX:GPT |
The GPT Group is one of Australia's largest diversified property groups and a top 50 ASX listed company by market capitalisation. GPT owns and manages a $20 billion portfolio of offices, logistics, business parks and prime shopping centres across Australia. The Group has a substantial investor base with more than 35,000 shareholders.
|Company||Close||Close Change (%)||Volume||Value||Signal|
|BKY Berkeley Resources||0.86||11||1,291,384||1||BULLISH|
|MGX Mount Gibson Iron||0.5||8.8||4,823,909||1||BULLISH|
|OCL Objective Corporation||2.92||6.6||24,050||1||BULLISH|
|GSC Global Geoscience||0.27||6||3,421,603||1||BULLISH|
|JBH Jb Hi-Fi||26.17||5.8||1,620,346||1||BULLISH|
|KSL Kina Securities||1||5.3||280,826||1||BULLISH|