Fletcher Building (FBU.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $4.77
Signal Strength: MEDIUM
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Fletcher Building (ASX:FBU) opened in the upper part of daily range at 88.2% & closed in the lower part of the trading range at 17.6%. This suggests the sellers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the lower shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower upper range & the closing the price in the lower price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Fletcher Building (FBU.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Fletcher Building
Ticker Codes: | FBU.AX | ASX:FBU |
Fletcher Building Limited, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building and construction products in New Zealand, Australia, and internationally. Its Building Products segment manufactures, distributes, and markets building products, such as concrete pipes and products, cement and aggregates, plastic pipes, and building materials for commercial and residential markets. The company's International segment provides laminate and surface products for commercial and residential spaces; decorative wood panels and laminates, particle boards, medium density fiber boards, and other decorative products; and pressed metal roof tiles. Its Distribution segment distributes building, plumbing, pipeline, and steel products. The company's Residential and Land Development segment develops land holdings for residential and commercial use, as well as operates as a residential home builder. Its Construction segment builds and maintains commercial buildings and infrastructure projects. Fletcher Building Limited was founded in 1909 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.
Open vs CloseDownload
|AGG Anglogold Ashanti||4.16||8.3||21,558||0||NEUTRAL|
|RSG Resolute Mining||1.15||6.5||9,128,506||0||NEUTRAL|
|GOR Gold Road Resources||0.85||6.3||2,511,753||0||NEUTRAL|
|CIA Champion Iron||1.59||5.7||299,939||0||NEUTRAL|
|PNI Pinnacle Investment Management||4.92||4||116,010||0||NEUTRAL|
|OCL Objective Corporation||2.6||2.8||538||0||NEUTRAL|
|ALK Alkane Exploration||0.2||2.6||707,023||0||NEUTRAL|