OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: NO POSITION @ $1.54
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Data#3 (ASX:DTL) opened in the middle part of daily range at 46.7% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 46.7%. This suggests that neither side is committed. Over the last 12 months there has been 4 trading days with the opening price in the middle shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 1.5%. Over the last month there has been 4 trading days with the opening price in the middle price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 33.3%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Data#3 (DTL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | DTL.AX | ASX:DTL |
Data#3 Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides information technology (IT) solutions in Australia and the Asia Pacific. The company operates through two segments, Product and Services. The Product segment provides hardware and software licenses for customers' desktop, network, and data center infrastructure. The Services segment offers consulting, project, managed, and maintenance contracts, as well as workforce recruitment and contracting services in relation to the design, implementation, operation, and support of ICT solutions. It also provides cloud/hybrid IT, mobility, security, data and analytics, and IT lifecycle management solutions. Data#3 Limited was founded in 1977 and is headquartered in Toowong, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|ARA Ariadne Australia||0.7||6.1||2,800||0||NEUTRAL|
|GSC Global Geoscience||0.24||4.3||2,031,318||0||NEUTRAL|
|SNZ Summerset Holdings||6.5||3.8||2,500||0||NEUTRAL|
|GGG Greenland Minerals||0.09||3.6||1,902,956||0||NEUTRAL|
|TBR Tribune Resources||6||2.6||60||0||NEUTRAL|
|OSP Osprey Medical||0.21||2.4||6,090||0||NEUTRAL|
|OVH Onevue Holdings||0.65||1.6||181,442||0||NEUTRAL|
|RRL Regis Resources||4.1||1.5||2,344,623||0||NEUTRAL|