Trading: HOLD @ $0.265
Signal Strength: STRONG
Indicator can be used in isolation or in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. This indicator has been constructed to highlight the existence of a trend for an assocaited timeframe. Trend determining indicators can be used in short, medium or long term timeframes & determines if the stock is trending or ranging. Once the trend status is quantified, this can then be coupled to additional indicators to add a significant advantage to the trading strategy.
The Supertrend is a trend following indicator which identifies uptrends and downtrends. The SuperTrend indicator is calculated utilising the ATR to offset the indicator from the common price. Before understanding the supertrend indicator, understanding the ATR is essential as super trend employs ATR values to calculate the indicator values. This indicator fluctuates above and below 0 signalling the current direction of the trend. This is a lagging trend indicator that assists in defining trend directions does not perform well in ranging markets.
Calculation: Supertrend (SUP) :
1) Basic Upper band = (High + Low) / 2 + Multiplier * ATR;
2) Basic Lower band = (High + Low) / 2 - Multiplier * ATR
3) Final Upper band = IF((Basic Upper band < Final Upper band(yest)) OR (Close(yest) > Previous Final Upper band(yest))) THEN (Basic Upper band) ELSE Final Upper band(yest));
4) Final Lower band = IF((Basic Lower band > Final Lowerband (yest)) OR (Close(yest) < Final Lower band(yest))) THEN (Basic Lower band) ELSE Final Lower band(yest));
5) Supertrend = IF(Close <= Final Upper band ) THEN Final Upper band ELSE Final Lower band;
Where Multiplier = 3; Period=14
PROFILE: BSE (BSE.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | BSE.AX | ASX:BSE |
Base Resources Limited produces and sells mineral sands in Africa. The company produces mineral sands, such as rutile, ilmenite, and zircon. It primarily owns 100% interests in the Kwale mineral sands project located in Kenya. The company was formerly known as Base Iron Limited and changed its name to Base Resources Limited in 2010. Base Resources Limited is based in West Perth, Australia.
|TNG Tennant Creek Gold||0.11||12.2||1,689,894||0.03||BULLISH|
|SST Steamships Trading Company||17.7||12||3,070||0.43||BULLISH|
|BKY Berkeley Resources||0.33||10||250,006||-0.01||BULLISH|
|EMH European Metals Holdings||0.4||9.6||82,920||0.07||BULLISH|
|HFR Highfield Resources||0.71||7.6||283,351||0.1||BULLISH|
|WHC Whitehaven Coal||4.46||6.4||15,597,625||0.56||BULLISH|