[BULLISH STRONG]: Australian Pharmaceutical opened in the lower part of daily range at 12.5% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 87.5%. This suggests the buyers were in control all day. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the lower price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 7.1%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Australian Pharmaceutical (API.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: Australian Pharmaceutical
Ticker Codes: | API.AX | ASX:API |
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited engages in the wholesale distribution of pharmaceutical, medical, health, beauty, and lifestyle products to pharmacies. The company operates through two segments, Australia and New Zealand. It also provides wholesale product delivery, marketing programs, and business advisory services, as well as retail services to pharmacies. In addition, the company purchases and sells health, beauty, and lifestyle products within the retail industry; and manufactures and owns the rights of pharmaceutical medicines and consumer toiletries. It markets its products and services under the Soul Pattinson Chemist, Pharmacist Advice, Club Premium, and Pharmacy Best Buys brand names, as well as operates as a franchisor with 462 Priceline & Priceline Pharmacy stores. Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited was founded in 1910 and is based in Camberwell, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|TBR Tribune Resources||10.5||50||20,514||1||BULLISH|
|DNA Donaco International||0.19||12.1||124,948||1||BULLISH|
|ALK Alkane Exploration||0.26||8.3||1,267,384||1||BULLISH|
|WSA Western Areas||2.72||5||4,861,375||1||BULLISH|
|SYR Syrah Resources||2.33||4.5||4,853,361||-1||BULLISH|
|WGX Westgold Resources||1.18||4.4||1,239,121||-1||BULLISH|
|RSG Resolute Mining||1.1||4.3||10,327,619||1||BULLISH|
|RFG Retail Food||0.51||4.1||2,140,423||1||BULLISH|