OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: BUY @ $13.19
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
Amcor (ASX:AMC) opened in the upper part of daily range at 82.4% & closed in the upper part of the trading range at 82.4%. This suggests the sellers have lost control. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the upper shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the upper price range giving a confirmation ratio of 6.7%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Amcor (AMC.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Ticker Codes: | AMC.AX | ASX:AMC |
Amcor Limited provides packaging solutions in Western Europe, North America, Australia, New Zealand, and internationally. It operates through Amcor Rigid Plastics, Amcor Flexibles, and Other/Investments segments. The company manufactures rigid plastic containers for a range of beverage and food products, including carbonated soft drinks, water, juices, sports drinks, milk-based beverages, spirits and beer, sauces, dressings, spreads, and personal care items; and plastic caps for various applications. It also manufactures flexible and film packaging for the food and beverage industry, including confectionery, coffee, fresh food and dairy, and pet food packaging; and medical and pharmaceutical, fresh produce, and snack food segments. In addition, the company offers flexible packaging for specialty folding cartons for tobacco packaging and other industries; and packaging solutions for home and personal care products. Amcor Limited was incorporated in 1926 and is headquartered in Southbank, Australia.
Open vs CloseDownload
|TNG Tennant Creek Gold||0.12||9.1||224,267||1||BULLISH|
|SMX Sms Management & Technology||0.28||7.7||366,266||1||BULLISH|
|DCN Dacian Gold||2.47||7.4||251,474||1||BULLISH|
|GXY Galaxy Resources||2.34||6.4||5,770,582||1||BULLISH|
|BLA Blue Sky||1.24||6.4||664,693||1||BULLISH|
|RSG Resolute Mining||1.13||6.1||7,017,929||1||BULLISH|
|GCY Gascoyne Resources||0.28||5.7||781,017||1||BULLISH|
|ONT 1300 Smiles||6.52||5.5||16,486||1||BULLISH|
|SAR Saracen Mineral||2.39||5.3||5,223,164||1||BULLISH|