The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: Alkane Exploration (ALK.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASXAbout Alkane Exploration (ASX:ALK):
Company: Alkane Exploration
Ticker Codes: | ALK.AX | ASX:ALK |
Alkane Resources Limited operates as a multi-commodity mining and exploration company in the Central West of New South Wales in eastern Australia. It explores for gold, copper, zirconium, hafnium, niobium, tantalum, yttrium, and rare earth elements. The company owns interest in the Tomingley Gold project and the Dubbo Zirconia project located in New South Wales. Its exploration projects comprise the Bodangora, Kaiser, Finns Crossing, Cudal, Peak Hill, Wellington, Elsienora, Rockley, and Orange East projects. Alkane Resources Limited is headquartered in Burswood, Australia.