The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: AGL Energy (AGL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASXAbout AGL Energy (ASX:AGL):
Company: AGL Energy
Ticker Codes: | AGL.AX | ASX:AGL |
AGL Energy Limited, an integrated energy company, provides electricity, gas, and related products and services to consumer, business, and wholesale customers in Australia. The company conducts its operations through Energy Markets, Group Operations, and Investments segments. It generates electricity through thermal, natural gas and storage, hydro, and wind power generation plants. The company operates electricity generation portfolio of 10,246 megawatts. It also operates the Newcastle Gas Storage Facility in New South Wales; the Silver Springs underground gas storage facility in Queensland; and natural gas production assets at Camden in New South Wales. As of September 11, 2017, it served approximately 3.6 million customer accounts. AGL Energy Limited was founded in 1837 and is based in Sydney, Australia.