|Position||Trades||Duration||Win rate||Win/loss||Avg win||Avg loss||Return|
|Position||Trades||Duration||Win Rate||Win/Loss||Avg Win||Avg Loss||Return|
AGL Energy (AGL.AX)
OPEN CLOSE CHANGE
Trading: SELL @ $18.57
Signal Strength: WEAK
Indicator MUST BE USED in additional to another technical indicator to confirmation for trading entry. Indicator can be applied to the short term timeframe but is only able to give and indication of the strength of the buyers versus sellers at the market close. This bar analysis can provide guidance on the daily battle between sellers and buyers from the companies recent trading.
AGL Energy (ASX:AGL) opened in the upper part of daily range at 69.8% & closed in the middle part of the trading range at 58.5%. This suggests the sellers have lost commitment. Over the last 12 months there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper shadow & the closing the price in the middle shadow giving a confirmation ratio of 0.4%. Over the last month there has been 1 trading days with the opening price in the upper price range & the closing the price in the middle price range giving a confirmation ratio of 6.3%.
The opening and closing bar positions can add depth to assess whether buyers of sellers commitment is changing and thus which side is in control at the close of the trading session.
Calculation: Open Today Versus Close Today (OTCT):
1) If the market opens near the low and closes near the high the buyers have had control during the entire day;
2) If the market opens near the high and closes near the low the sellers have had control during the entire day;
3) If the market opens near one extreme of the range and closes near the middle of the range the side who started in control has lost commitment;
4) If the market opens near one extreme and closes near the same extreme the side who started in control has lost control;
5) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes near one extreme control has swung to the buyers;
6) If the close is near the high and if the close is near the low the control has swung to the sellers;
7) If the market opens near the middle of the range and closes similarly neither side is strongly committed;
PROFILE: AGL Energy (AGL.AX)
Stock Exchange: ASX
Company: AGL Energy
Ticker Codes: | AGL.AX | ASX:AGL |
AGL Energy Limited, an integrated energy company, provides electricity, gas, and related products and services to consumer, business, and wholesale customers in Australia. The company conducts its operations through Energy Markets, Group Operations, and Investments segments. It generates electricity through thermal, natural gas and storage, hydro, and wind power generation plants. The company operates electricity generation portfolio of 10,246 megawatts. It also operates the Newcastle Gas Storage Facility in New South Wales; the Silver Springs underground gas storage facility in Queensland; and natural gas production assets at Camden in New South Wales. As of September 11, 2017, it served approximately 3.6 million customer accounts. AGL Energy Limited was founded in 1837 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
|VOC Vocus Communications||3.2||9.6||4,642,431||-1||BEARISH|
|NEC Nine Entertainment||1.95||8||11,923,272||0||BEARISH|
|OMH OM Holdings||0.68||7.9||108,965||0||BEARISH|
|IRI Integrated Research||2.79||7.7||713,781||0||BEARISH|